Saturday 4 April 2015

Akimbo #1: Chapter 3- "The Gathering"

Akimbo #1 | Fore Runner
*           *           *           *           *           *        *        *        *        *        *        *       
On another end, there is a gathering of the twelve, a summit of Demon Breeders, all dressed in black trench coats and bowler hats.
        The twelve consisted of wealthy men and women who were aids of a deadly force arising from the Not-to-yet world and were both six each.
They consisted of; a red dragon, a blue flame, a diamond pearl, and an awkward cobra (known as the grey cobra), Oganta (the scorpion of the east), an Ngwere (the tailless lizard), an Usu (the nesting bat), an Azen (the sorceress of curiosity), a drooping python (from the Yoruba legend), the locket of greed, a skull of a thousand veil (from the old Efik legend and its bearer, awada asun) and an Ojusowa (a Benin wizard considered as the son of the western sea goddess, Adaze, he could also be referred to as Oboh).
        The twelve gather around forming a large circle separated by accommodating spaces in between them.
        Though they all had their different seals since they were from different works of life and different tribes, they had one common seal, a seal to name them all, a seal to bind them all, a seal to make them all strong.
        The seal consisted of the twin bemuda’s triangle oppositely placed on each other and entwined by a circle which conceals the world in it and a “D” in between the triangles’ inner triangle of doom.
        More so, around this great circle were crowns of stars, 12 in number, all woven with the circle around the cursed triangles.
     This seal was on the floor they stood around, on the walls of the room, though there were other hidden seals behind the red background, and they bore the ultimate seal as bands either tied to the forehead or the arms or around the waist.
        They all greet their master in accord.
        “The tailless dog who wandered the lands of Adagag, we greet you. The fearsome leader of the Ajanagu forest, we greet you. The evil that stenches all good, we’ve come to meet you. The dread and horror of life, we’ve come to meet you. The oracle of treachery and corruption, the oracle of doom and destruction, your humble servants come to seek solitude. ” they all say in accord and their literary terms were obliterating.
        “Heed my call, dear master, for it is I, Oganta who calls you” a male voice says.
        “Heed my thoughts dear master, for it is I, Usu who calls you” a female voice calls.
        “Heed my words, dear master, it is I, Azen who calls you” another female voice calls.
        “H-Heed m-my w-words, dear m-master, f-f-for it is I, Ngwere w-who c-c-calls-calls you” a male voice calls, stammering like mad.
        “Heed my voice, dear dragon master, it is I, Awada, who calls you” a female voice called.
        “Heed my call, dear master, na me, Ojusuwa dey call you” a male voice calls in the Nigerian pidgin English.
        “Heed me call dear fraternizing pain of the afternoon burgee, it is I, red dragon who summons you” a female voice calls.
 “Heed my talk, em e, dear bale, it isi mi eh, drooping python that is eh calling you o dadani” a male voice with a deep Yoruba accent calls.
        “Heed my call great one, for it is I, blue flame who calls you” a female voice calls.
        “Heed my voice dear pearl, for it is I, diamond pearl who calls you” another female calls.
        “Heed my words o dear clamp of death, for it is I, Grey cobra who summons you.” A more matured male voice calls.
        “What news do you have for me?” A deep voice echoes from nowhere.
        “The news we bring forth is of immerse importance” A Feminine voice replies from the twelve.
        “Hmm……” the deep voice mutters
        “As predicted, the fore runner is in the world, and, He has come of age” Another feminine voice says from the twelve.
        “I see….” The deep voice says.
        “Demon Lord, what do we do now?” A male voice replies in monotonic manner.
        “Ha, Ha, Ha…..” bursting into an uproarious laughter which echoes all around the empty room colored red, “From today henceforth, you all will counter his powers and abilities, he must fail to create the way for the master who is to be born.” The deep voice says. “Do you get me demon cadets?!”
        “Yes, Demon Lord” they all reply and immediately disappear.
This could mean something, what does the demon boss mean by the master and the forerunner? #



                                                                                
 Next Chapter»   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

Powered By Kpoto Corporation

Widgets