Monday 23 March 2015

BLACKSMITH CHRONICLES: ORIGIN OF THE DUEL PART 4

0905

“Father, Take it easy” he asked me to pass him the glass of water on the bedside table, I gave it to him and then he recited some incantations took a sip and passed it to me to also take a sip.
He stared directly into my eyes and said “Fulfill your destiny”.
The raven on the window side cawed, spread its wings and flew away.
When I turned to check my father, he was gone with his eyes wide open. I closed his eyes and kissed his fore-head.
“Sleep well Great One, till we meet again”. My eyes were bloodshot, I was boiling fire! I went down memory lane and remembered one of my father’s numerous wise saying to me- “The Great Lion can’t dwell amongst Hyenas”.
It is customary for an Elder Masquerade to pass on his Spirit of vengeance to his successor immediately before his sojourn to the other side, henceforth his philosophy and norms lives on in the new host and successor.
It is a rare occurrence of spiritual primogeniture and hasn’t occurred since the Old Ages.
For the first time in over 2,000 years, the transfer of patriarch spirit in a manner of primogeniture is an event that will surely change history.
Is it for good or bad? That is an answer that will be obtained within the course of events.
This is the beginning of my story, this is my epiphany, and this is my emancipation, the birth of a legend and the RISE OF THE ORACLE.
I had my dad’s blood sample analyzed at the Forensic lab at E branch covertly.
My father’s blood was poisoned by rare synthetic venom obtained from a rare hybrid Serpent from Rio in Brazil.
I learnt furthermore that it can be administered through food, water, skin and it stays in the body system for 48hrs before activating its enzymes.
I drove home when I was done at the lab. When I approached Tinubu boulevard, I took into cognizance two Military standard Hummers parked two blocks away from my flat, I checked the registration numbers and it read EKO-MAR SQD-3 and EKO-MAR SQD-6.
“What on earth are the MPs looking for around here” I thought and I drove closer to my gate. I was surprised to see the MP BLACK MARIA parked right in front of my gate. I parked my hummer, put on my shades and alighted.
A senior officer and Six Regiment MPs lined up in front of the gate, they were paired up and their rifles were aimed at me. “Stand down” their commander ordered and walked towards me.
The MPs holstered back their weapons, saluted their commander and took the at ease stance.
“Major Segun Alagbede?” queried the commander, a skinny, tall and fair complexioned fellow.
“Yes Officer, any problem?” I inquired. He held out a scroll which he placed right in front of me.
“I have a warrant here for your arrest by F.A.C.T command for treason” said the officer in charge.
“This must be some kind of mistake. Me? Treason? No no… This can’t be happening” I said vociferously.
“Come with us quietly or we won’t be reluctant to use excessive force” bragged the officer.
As the officer spoke, four of the six MPs took the dagger formation around me and aimed their rifles at me again. I began to have lucid thoughts of anger, depression and confusion.
What in the blazes is going on? Kilonshele?” pondered my wailing soul. They had no compassion for my unfortunate dilemma, they were ready to take me in or take me down.
“What am I to do?” questions, questions.
To be continued…
NOTE: The aim of this post is meant to enlighten our readers and fans, so the stories are chronicled and posted randomly on a weekly basis. Interested readers and followers should rely on the numbering of the chapters in parts and collate to get a full insight as the Tale elongates to unfold the mysteries behind the BLACKSMITH. Thanks for your understanding and support.
Stay tuned to this blog for more posts on the BLACKSMITH CHRONICLES UNIVERSE.
BLACKSMITH CHRONICLES created by SIMISOLA OPEODU.
To know more about the BLACKSMITH UNIVERSE look out for THE BLACKSMITH CHRONICLES ISSUE 001 OUT NOW!
VISIT THE BLACKSMITH CHRONICLES PAGE on Facebookhttps://www.facebook.com/blacksmithchronicles?ref=hl&ref_type=bookmark






<--- BACK TO TMT COMICS                                                    NEXT COMIC READ-->









<--- PREVIOUS                                                                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

Powered By Kpoto Corporation

Widgets